ARK Marine Limited
Buying Dinghy Derrick - What you need to know
DINGHY DERRICK complete costs GBP £9840. This list price is in British Pounds. Equivalent to Euro11050 or USD$12530. Exchange rates Aug 2023
Cost & taxes added
Price The list price is in British Pounds and shown against the line marked “Dinghy Derrick complete” likewise the various extras and spares.
Tax: All prices for delivery in the UK will carry VAT in addition to the list price.
Tax: All prices for delivery outside of the U.K. will not carry VAT levied by Ark Marine but maybe liable to the imposition of duty, local sales tax or VAT in the country of importation, requiring payment to the customs or the courier company. The buyer should research this for themselves given that Ark Marine may not have up to date information.
Packing & shipping
The price includes all packing suitable for the journey involved. The shipping price will be charged separately and added to the total. We benefit from corporate shipping rates which will not result in a significant uplift to the list price.
Dinghy Derrick pricing
The price for DD includes all of the equipment required to lift and launch a dinghy, except any special items which may be required on the individual yacht as reinforcements or special fittings.
Whereas the survey may select different lengths of the 2 main tubes as required, the price does not vary and all choices result in the same price.
In summary the equipment package comprises:
- 1 x DD steel framework with all bosses, fasteners, carriages, end caps, pins etc.
- 1 x set of white EPDM rubber mounting blocks.
- Dyneema/UHMWPE 6mm rope for use as halyards and lifting rigging local to the dinghy. The installers cuts this into pieces.
- 1 x set of electrical devices (winch/windlass etc) required for lifting and operating the lifting, excluding only the cabling required to interlink these within the yacht and a main circuit breaker (one style of which maybe purchased as an optional extra).
- 1 x set of Securing Harness and fixtures for this.
- No lubricants are included.
- One survey and designs and calculations resulting from it. (For details of this see Terms and Conditions).
Stages of Payment
- 50% of the total invoice price is due at the time of order
- 50% is required on notification that the goods are ready packed for shipment.
- Each payment is due within one month of notification or placing the order.
C.E standard rating
DIRECTIVES OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL
of 17 May 2006 on machinery, and amending Directive 95/16/EC (recast). Article 1 clause ‘f’ states that machinery fitted to seagoing vessels is excluded from the scope of this Directive.
LIFTS DIRECTIVE 95/16/EC
Article 24 states that this Directive shall not apply to lifting appliances whose speed is not greater than 0,15 m/s, and to lifting appliances fitted in a means of transport, so on both counts the product Dinghy Derrick is not governed by this Directive.
MARINE EQUIPMENT DIRECTIVE 2014/90/EU
The UK Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA) advises that Dinghy Derrick product, when fitted to yachts being used for leisure purposes, is not governed by this Directive.
of 20 November 2013 on recreational craft and personal watercraft and repealing Directive 94/25/EC, lists qualifying equipment under ANNEX II which if fitted to a boat is covered by this Directive, but the Dinghy Derrick product is not within the listed categories covered by this Directive.
In summary: Dinghy Derrick, a product made by Ark Marine Ltd., is not be required to be certified under CE regulations.