The system comprises of the following:
Windlass, 12 volt DC: Fixed into the underside base plate with 4 x M8 S/S studs supplied, or longer M8 bolts as the fitter may employ to suit the installation. Comes with 2 wiring tails of 500mm each.
Windlass current consumption with 110-130Kg load on standard 2:1 reduction:
- Inrush up to 70A for 2 seconds, then 17 to 25A through the lifting load cycle.
- Inrush up to 40A for 1.5 seconds, then 10 to 12A through launch cycle.
Pendant pushbutton control (one supplied): CR2450 3V battery operated.
Operational range subject to battery condition but ARK test rig works at 9 to 12 metres away from receiver.
Radio receiver: 12-24 V DC To mount inside yacht in any location except close to engine or compass or waterline.
To be installed with 2 fuses (not supplied)
- Radio circuit with in line 1 amp quick radio fuse.
- Switching circuit with in line 4A (12VDC) or 2A (24VDC) fuse of any type.
Deck switch: 12-24V DC. Waterproof spring toggle switch for panel mount inside or on helm panel.
Changeover contactor: Protection IP66. Activated by either radio receiver or deck switch. To mount inside yacht in any location.
(see Price List for costings)
- Windlass, 24 volt DC of same pattern as 12V standard.
- Extra heavy duty 24V windlass for mounting in locker or concealed location. Deck mounted version also available – contact us to discuss.
- Pendant pushbutton control: Theoretically up to 50!! extra units maybe purchased and employed to tune into the radio receiver.
- Changeover contactor: 24V DC
- External antenna to fit the radio receiver and improve reception (in reality this should never be needed except in exceptionally shielded installation positions).
- Magnetic-hydraulic circuit breaker (as photo), slow response: Carling Tech model AA1-B0-34-630-511-P for 12 or 24V use.
- Cabling not supplied: We recommend minimum 16 sq.mm copper stranded PVC insulated for maximum of 10 metre run from contactor to windlass. Resize if run exceeds this, chosen not to exceed 5% total voltage drop. An online calculator such as this is a useful tool.